Data Science Engineer
We're looking for a thoughtful, technical and deeply collaborative Data Science Engineer to work with our growing Analytics Engineering team! This position will provide foundational framework for the Data Science team. This includes building the infrastructure to allow the team to "publish" models into production, developing Python libraries to facilitate feature generation, and providing the data science team with product-based datasets to train their models.
What You’ll Do:
- Become a trusted advisor to the Data Science and Analytics teams.
- Turn complex Data Science algorithms and predictions into reliable production-grade systems.
- Create a platform to deploy said models at scale, so that we can make the Data Science team as productive as possible.
- Build Python libraries to make it easy for Data Science to do feature engineering on our raw data.
- Participate in creating the team’s roadmap, providing feedback on priority and business value.
- Maintain and tune our data warehouse to support requirements from stakeholders and dependent systems.
- Become an expert in our products and data models, so that you can write performant SQL queries to enable iterative analysis.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or related field.
- Comfortable with using test infrastructure to validate code.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
- Familiarity with OLAP databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, or others.
- A natural detective, with a keen interest in solving business problems with data driven methods.
- Deeply focused on delivering value to stakeholders, with a data-as-a-product mindset.
- Passionate about creating production grade systems and data quality, supporting what you build.
- Experience in building statistical models a plus, but not required.