Workday HCM Consultant
Workday HCM Consultant (Client Facing Representation)
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Workday HCM (core HR and Payroll) product suite
• Demonstrated experience conducting key activities across all stages of the implementation
• Experience and knowledge of Workday Deployment Methodology (stages, key activities, and deliverable's)
• Understanding of Tenant Management and Prototyping throughout deployment
• Lead in Business Process (BP) Design leveraging BP Framework
• Participate in key HCM design and architect workshops
• Lead and assist client resources configuring business processes and data in Workday
• Lead and/or participate in Configuration and Prototype Confirmation Sessions.
• Lead client through data conversion, cleansing and validation activities, and assist converting legacy data into Workday (led by Implementation Partner)
• Participate in developing the Test Strategy for HCM (all Workstreams) and the execution of key activities for all stages of testing (Unit, End-to-End, Parallel, User Acceptance)
• Assist planning and developing tests scenarios for End-to-End testing and User Acceptance Testing.
• Conduct troubleshooting and resolution of critical test defects.
• Complete the work assigned by the Engagement Manager within the budgeted time allocated
• Assist the integration consulting team to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions
• Assist in planning and executing key activities during the Data Freeze & Catch-up transactions period.
• Participate executing critical deployment activities in preparation for Go-live.
• Escalate issues that could impact transition from stage to stage; and potentially impact go-live.
• Executing key post production activities to sustain production environment.
• Participate with Implementation Partner during Delivery Assurance checkpoints
• Submit weekly consolidated status report on behalf of all HCM workstreams (Recruiting/Onboarding, HR, Benefits, Compensation, Absence Management, Talent/Performance, Payroll, etc.)
• Complete Timesheets and Expense Reporting weekly
• Minimum one full cycle Workday implementation
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Previous consulting experience with a consulting/software company
• Experience implementing Workday, Oracle/Peoplesoft, SAP, Infor/Lawson or similar applications
• Experience with the following functional areas: HCM business process, Benefits, Absence Management, Compensation, Performance Management, Succession Management, Time Tracking, Recruiting
• Bachelor degree required
• Demonstrated project lead experience
• Functional and technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Presentation skills
• Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
• Experience with multiple HCM applications a plus
• Ability to travel up to 50% or more if required
The HCM Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday’s Human Capital Management solution. The HCM Consultant will provide Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements. The Consultant will work with their clients to understand their business requirements and help configure and test the Workday solution. The Consultant will take direction and provide status to the Engagement Manager assigned to their project.