Sr. Android Developer
We are seeking a Senior Android Developer to join our team within the Product Organization. In this role you will:
- Develop native Android applications and frameworks using Kotlin and Java.
- Define and implement robust app architectures and complex user interfaces.
- Apply expert knowledge of Android system frameworks to solve novel problems.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to build great experiences.
- Get bonus points for experience working with BLE, beacons, and connected devices.
The Product Organization is a supportive, tightly-knit, multi-functional team focused on developing beautiful and highly functional software solutions that create new opportunities for our clients. Our designers, developers, and product managers collaborate to build innovative applications that address real-world problems. When you join us, you'll be exposed to a broad variety of exciting technologies and industries (healthcare, mobile, security, Internet of Things, accessibility, and more). We are also passionate about giving back to the community through open source contributions, hosting events, contributing to conferences, and more.
We're looking for individuals with strong product intuition who care about building software that meaningfully connects with people. We value engineering excellence alongside a commitment to helping other team members succeed.
Ideal candidates will
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and open to learning whatever it takes to solve new challenges.
- Care about people and how the software you make can help them.
- Have at least three years of experience shipping applications in a professional setting.
- Evaluate trade-offs, pick the right tool for the job, and advocate writing idiomatic code.
- Explain technical details to stakeholders across disciplines and levels of expertise.
- Strongly grasp how effort, risk, and dependencies impact timelines.
- Understand how to coach teams to deliver products in an Agile environment.
- Be familiar with Scrum and at home working in an Agile setting.
- Dabble in other platforms and seek to expand their technical breadth.