**PLEASE NOTE** experience in Linux Admin, HPUX to Linux migration, Dazel/CUPP Printer architecture, Puppet/DevOps, Ansible config mgmt’.
The main function of an specialty analyst/developer is to develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs utilizing software packages considered. A typical specialty analyst/developer is responsible for designing software or customizing software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.• Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.• Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
• Knowledge of niche computer software, such as Oracle, Csharp.net, Lawson, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
• 6-8 years related experience required.
Position Comments: **PLEASE NOTE** experience in Linux Admin, HPUX to Linux migration, Dazel/CUPP Printer architecture, Puppet/DevOps, Ansible config mgmt’.
Skills Required: Development experience with Puppet, Ruby, Bash; Admin experience with Puppet & GIT