Information Security Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director of IT Security, the Information Security Engineer is a contributor to the Security Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for cloud security, lead the response to security issues across the network for all community members, participate in the development and implementation of new tools and techniques to better secure data, act as an internal consultant, become a subject matter expert in multiple aspects of information security and cross-train and mentor other members of the team.
• Architect, implement and manage presence in multiple tier one cloud environments
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of data network and all associated devices.
• Identify and define system security requirements.
• Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
• Ensure situational awareness during security incidents.
• Submit comprehensive reports, including assessment-based findings, outcomes and proposals for further system security enhancement.
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer.
• Experience building and managing security of Tier-1 cloud environments.
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems
• Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
• Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
• Experience with network security and networking technologies, system security and networking tools.
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
• Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
• Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Familiarity with Computer Security Incident Response (CSIRT) practices and processes.
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.