Programmer 4 / Java 8
The OIT DHHS-BH Team supports three (3) offices within DHHS: OADS, OCFS, and SAMHS. The OIT DHHS-BH Team works closely with the Information and Quality Assurance managers of these offices to develop, enhance, and maintain five (5) applications: EIS Legacy and Remediation; MECARE, MAPSIS, DTxC, and DEEP as well as a Cognos data warehouse that integrates information from many of these systems into a central reporting application.
Work will include maintenance of existing systems as well as some enhancement work. In addition, project are underway to migrate some functionality of these application to other systems over the next few years.
Years of Relevant Experience: 8 plus years
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study with advanced study preferred. Role Description:
All roles specified in PR3 plus the following:
• Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
• Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
• This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team
• Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing.
• Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary and with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
• Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
Preference will be given to individuals with demonstrated knowledge of the following programming languages and application development tools:
• Java 8
• Oracle 12c on an EXA environment
• WebLogic 12c
• Hibernate 5
• Eclipse Oxygen
• Subversion repository management
• Agile/Kanban SDLC