HRIS Project Manager
HRIS Project Manager
- Looking to add a Sr. level Project Manager ideally with Workday, but could be other HRIS related projects background
- Will be brought on as a contractor immediately, and then convert to FTE once approval from CIO is given, possibly the May/June time frame at the earliest
- HRIS manager is going out on mat leave in the March time frame
- New Resource will step in for her, but expand responsibilities to even more managerial over the administrative work that current HRIS manager does
- They have exceptional documentation and processes in place for shortening the learning curve/transition of duties to the new PM
- Interview process: 2 video calls
- Will manage a huge initiative – Workforce Planning Project
- Encompasses the headcount planning process, speaking with different teams, finance, etc to develop and execute a hundreds of millions of dollars investiture
- Potentially a new payroll project upcoming as well
- They run a lot of different systems, ATS is Joblite, LMS is Absorb, Payroll is ADP
- Workday Modules: HCM, Time, Comp – Implemented 4+ years ago
Victaulic has 4K employees globally, and this PM will be working with teams from Belgium, Canada, Mexico, Asia, etc. – Resource will need to have global experience
- Ideal salary as an FTE will be $130-140K/yr. Will entertain relo assistance once FTE status is approved. Want someone locally to be onsite as much as possible as things start to open back up. Easton is in the Lehigh Valley between Philly and NYC
ABOUT THE JOB
The primary mission of this job is to support HR technological solutions that allow our employees and managers to achieve organizational objectives. The HRIS Project Manager will be responsible for playing a leading role in the implementation and administration of processes within each of the HRIS Systems. As part of our team, you will be a key contributor to the development of the organization’s global HR technology strategy. Apply your knowledge, creativity, and problem-solving abilities to enhance and optimize business processes, security, and on-going maintenance of HCM, ATS, and other HR systems. As HRIS Project Manager, you will partner with the HRIS Manager on global project teams as new features and functionality are introduced and act as a change agent to ensure end-user adoption and utilization. As an internal HR technology expert, the HRIS Project Manager will collaborate with HR and the business by providing the appropriate advice, counsel, and proposed solutions on system issues, capabilities, and functionality. You will also use your skills to support advanced HR department reporting and analytics capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide oversight for HRIS Systems including Workday, Jobvite, and Absorb in partnership with HRIS Manager
- Assist the HRIS Manager with the management and administration of our HCM systems including, but not limited to Workday, JobVite, Absorb (LMS), and ADP.
- Help lead human capital project management initiatives for Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, Learning, Reporting, Payroll and Compensation.
- Produce critical project documentation including requirements, business processes, and training materials
- Play a leading role in multiple project teams and initiatives. Continuously assess and manage project risks and help resolve project issues.
- Full life-cycle responsibilities for HRIS platform, integrations, configuration, data, and other related components. Develop custom objects, fields, dashboards, and reports. Applies Testing, Release, and Configuration Management principles and best practices to ensure the integrity of the HRIS platform, system configuration, business processes, and data. Proactively engages stakeholders, functional leads, and technical staff to apply a robust test regimen to all customizations, upgrades, patches, and other changes as part of a User Acceptance Test process.
- Responsible for administrative functions and issue escalation. Support HRIS through technical research, solution development, and solution alternatives/recommendations. Participates in the development of functional roadmaps that ensure the alignment of technical deliverables and business initiatives. Apply effective interpersonal skills when working with customers and peers to accomplish project goals.
- Train and mentor users, functional leads, and other staff members. Identify, distinguish, and act upon issues, problems, and opportunities. Apply critical thinking and assessment skills to analyze problems and data as part of the development of corrective actions and recommendations. Recommends process, policy, customer service improvements, and innovative solutions that conform to industry best practices and meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Update/Create technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application/process
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRIS technologies, training, materials, and resources with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and the application of key technologies. Participates in user group meetings and conferences as required.
- Maintains a high level of interaction with global HR, Payroll, and Benefits teams to continually enhance/improve all aspects of processes
- Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach, including continual improvement of knowledge of supported systems
- Provides after-hour and weekend support as needed; Remains on call as requested. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience with HCM applications, Workday preferred.
- 3+ years of project management experience required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel (graphs, formulas, pivot tables) and PowerPoint; HTML skills helpful
- Must be a self-starter and exhibit strong process management & business orientation
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions based on knowledge of the business
- Proven ability to communicate findings to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- PMP Certification preferred