Senior Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer
Our client has an opening for a Sr. Systems Infrastructure Engineer. This role requires skills in enterprise level SAN storage (EMC preferred), Recoverpoint, VMware 5.0 – 6.X, Citrix Cloud, Avamar backup solutions and Windows Active directory. This person will play a key role in the development, maintenance and administration of our virtualized data centers, storage technologies, and data recovery solutions. Working knowledge of HP bladecenters a plus.
- Help manage and support our client's existing:
- SAN EMC Unity solutions
- VMware Clusters
- Citrix Cloud Cluster
- Recoverpoint and SRM configuration
- DR stratagies
- Backup solution, Avamar
- Active Directory domain (O365 hybrid)
- Analyze potential changes and enhancements to systems on both software and hardware to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards, and operating procedures
- Participate in Infrastructure technology design process and disaster recovery exercises.
- Contribute to decision making on strategies for Infrastructure changes/enhancements.
- Create necessary technical documentation and procedures as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
- Ensure 99.99% up time for all critical systems.
- Provide direction to Second Level System Support.
- Provide support to Worldwide Offices.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience installing and building IT infrastructure and providing operational support.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vCenter and vSphere ESXi 5.x and above (current VMware Certifications preferred).
- Knowledgeable with HP Blade system technology
- Knowledge with fiber switching and zoning.
- Experience designing, building and operating disaster recovery solutions for VMWare environments using VMWare Site Recovery Manager (SRM) along with Recoverpoint.
- Citrix Cloud deployment and support
- Experience with enterprise storage platforms such as EMC VNX and Unity.
- Understanding of server hardware, SAN and NAS principles, and storage arrays (EMC, IBM).
- Demonstrated knowledge of incident and change management principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts, including TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, VLANs, firewalls and load balancers.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows platforms and administration.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and adjust multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as well as working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.