Systems Engineer / Solutions Engineer
Job: Senior Solutions Engineer (Cloud Data Center Systems Engineering Team)
- The team is looking to hire someone fulltime and are open to direct fulltime, contract to hire and would also look at a contractor to hire for the long-term but they will NOT sponsor VISAs at this time due the approval process required
- This role can be 100% remote with the requirement that for key meetings the person can come onsite to the Boston/Seaport office located at 121 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA.
Role: The person will be responsible for providing the primary solutions, administration and managing PTC overall VMware cloud management platforms within the data center environment. This role must be able to understand, execute, and document complex operational tasks and work requests that are assigned and have experience in complex research and fact finding using various tools and informational sources.
The person will assist with process maturation, development and drive operational excellence through consistent delivery and best practices. This role will also include the core fundamentals of day-to-day operations, based off the ITIL v3 methodology.
- Cisco UCS, VMware VRA, vSphere, SRM, NSX-T, Azure Cloud and Windows/Linux & Unix OS
- Support innovative VMware based solutions from the virtualization layer up through the software defined and cloud management platform stack
- Consult with Team in regards to any changes in architectural direction and/or growth, Logical and Physical allocation of resources and upgrades to SW & HW
- Help document best practices in developing and deploying VMware cloud-centric solutions including but not limited to VMware, Azure and AWS.