Project Lead/Senior Systems Analyst
***Potential for a contract to perm*****
***This is a Hybrid position - resource will work on-site and remotely***
Our client seeks a Project Lead/Senior Systems Analyst to serve as a liaison between business partners and ITS. Responsible for facilitating discussions with business groups to help stakeholders prioritize goals, define their needs, and translate these needs into complete technical solutions and business processes. Must be proactive, results-oriented, and act as a change agent to help ensure that newly implemented solutions and processes meet the business needs and are utilized effectively short and long-term. Have a department-wide view of the solutions that are implemented, and consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results across the organization. Be able to perform multiple, complex, and business critical implementations that serve major parts of the business. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary and you drive best practices and set standards for your team and business partners. Must be flexible, detail-oriented, passionate about the customer and the solutions that are delivered and be comfortable working on multiple projects with numerous stakeholders across the organization.
This role serves as both a Project Leader and a Senior Applications Systems Analyst. As a Project Leader; you are responsible for the implementation and support of a portfolio of enterprise and departmental applications and reporting solutions within the ITS infrastructure. You are the liaison between business partners and ITS, act as the team lead, manage and prioritize operational and strategic initiatives, and deliver creative solutions and outstanding support.
As a Senior Systems Analyst; you are responsible for the research, analysis, and determination of system and reporting solutions including business requirement definition, technical requirement specification, integration strategies, security, testing strategies, and documentation. Be able to utilize knowledge of the functional, technical, and dependencies of systems to deliver solutions that meet the business needs and conform to ITS architecture standards. Define current (As-Is) and future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, user stories, plans, and solutions). Build consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements. Work with ITS and business groups to ensure requirements are properly translated into technical specifications that meet the business needs. Ensure complete, accurate, and secure solutions are delivered and are supportable. Analyze and troubleshoot issues and enhancements and ensure timely resolution and continuous improvements.
Role Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to prepare and present information in a clear and concise manner and coordinate and monitor team schedules, communications, interactions, resources and timelines to ensure the accomplishment of key deadlines and a successful project outcome.
- Effective and diplomatic leadership skills working with leadership and diversified customer groups to understand their needs and recommend solutions.
- Effective communications skills at all levels to ensure that stakeholders, end users, technical staff and vendors are given clear and meaningful follow up/updates when appropriate
- Experience managing cross-functional teams as well as demonstrating knowledge and interest in new and emerging technologies
- Expertise in business, system, and data analysis with the ability to implement solutions to enhance business capabilities and solve operational problems
- Experience with implementing, customizing and extending vendor-provided solutions.
- Ability to analyze and respond to user questions and debug issues in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to understand database and application system code
- Ability to do data modeling and enterprise relationship diagrams.
- Knowledge of waterfall, incremental and agile methodologies and their impact on business and systems analysis practices
- Experience with test planning, unit testing, test coverage, and other testing best practices
- Knowledge of security concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of performance management standards, principles, and tools.
- Skilled in writing technical and functional documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, closely related fields, or demonstrated experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in applications development or business systems analysis and experience leading cross functional project teams.
- Strong understanding of SQL, databases, and data analytic skills required
- Strong understanding of Windows based infrastructure and applications a plus
- Knowledge of Cognos Framework Manager and Reporting and other BI tools a plus
- Knowledge of IBM DataStage and other integration tools a plus