Lead Java Developer
Our client is an independent investment management company. You will have the opportunity to attend professional development workshops and take online training courses to help your career growth. They look to hire a diverse group of people who show passion for their work. If you are looking for a long-term position and to make an impact in the company, apply now!
1. Technical Leadership: We are seeking a strong Software Engineering Lead or Senior, who can lead a development team of permanent employees and consultants with an onshore/offshore model.). If they are a Senior, we are expecting that they can grow into this role.
2. Technology: This individual will lead a team but will also be hands-on with development and/or problem resolution in a variety of technical areas
Java - Strong core Java development experience. Multithreading is a nice to have.
Restful Webservices experience is a must
PL/SQL - Must be able to write complex queries - no need to create stored procedures.
Cloud experience is a must. AWS is a strong + (should have at least 6 months of experience with the cloud).
3. Strong Communication skills are required.
4. Domain: Financial experience is a must.
5. Delivery: Candidate must show the ability to deliver application solutions to their respective business client.
6. Marlborough/Boston: Candidate will be expected to travel to Boston 1-2 times per week.
The manager is looking to convert the consultant in 6-12 months. If there are any issues/concerns from the candidates end from converting, please let us know at time of submission.
As a senior member of the Compliance Systems team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
· Lead the development team activities including prioritizing requests, designing solutions, and supervising the development efforts
· Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support
· Work with business team, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
· Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications.
· Coordinate with analyst teams to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
· Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance, and implement new systems.
· Work with other software engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements.
· Author technical design and support documentation.
Requirements & Qualifications:
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
· 8+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experience
· 2+ years leading technical teams including managing an offshore development team
· Experience in relational database technologies with strong SQL skills. Familiarity with ETL Tools like Talend is a plus.
· Expertise developing Java applications using JDBC and JMS. Java Web-Framework experience e.g. SPRING or similar
Experience/Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing and methodologies.
· Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
TPA technologies is a technology-consulting firm serving the information technology needs of corporate America and government business partners. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with regional offices in Hingham, MA, Raleigh, N.C. and Dallas, TX. TPA focuses on client’s critical IT initiatives by utilizing methodologies to provide the best fit solutions. TPA provides the right fit for their clients and candidates.