ETL Developer Level II
Are you interested in working at one of the largest life insurance companies in the world? Our client was ranked in Fortune 500 company in 2016. If you’re looking for a challenging position and make an impact in the business, apply today!
1. Provide business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business unit/area in the analysis, design, and development of business applications. (20%)
2. Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve
Business problems. (20%)
3. Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, and design, code, test
Debug and document programs. (20%)
4. Participate in business and IT project estimation activities. (5%)
5. Provide technical leadership for small to medium-scale projects. (15%)
6. Utilize business knowledge to collaborate and offer technical solutions. (15%)
7. Be self-guided and complete tasks with minimum assistance. (5%)
High School degree required
3 -5 Years of Experience required in the following areas:
• Experience in utilizing IBM Info Sphere DataStage/Quality Stage/ISD 8.7 or above
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of ETL Data Warehousing best practices
• Experience with SQL against relational databases preferably with Oracle database platforms 10g and above on Linux/Unix.
• Experience in collaboration with DBA’s, data modelers, and business analysts
• Under minimal supervision, effectively analyze and resolve medium to moderately large risk production problems related to assigned applications, assess alternatives and implement long-term solutions.
• Successful performance includes demonstrated ownership and timely responses to production problems and business unit inquiries.
• Environment/Physical Demands: This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum travel may be required.
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
o Communicate effectively with business partners
o Provide fundamental technical and business analysis on projects
o Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments.
o Knowledge of relevant technology and tools is critical, including development methodologies and programming/scripting languages.
o Ability to accurately estimate project development activities.
o Experience with Autosys Job scheduling is preferred
o Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an IT environment.
o Experience with design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures.
TPA technologies is a technology-consulting firm serving the information technology needs of corporate America and government business partners. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with regional offices in Hingham, MA, Raleigh, N.C. and Dallas, TX. TPA focuses on client’s critical IT initiatives by utilizing methodologies to provide the best fit solutions. TPA provides the right fit for their clients and candidates.