Java Tech Lead
Come work at one of the largest mutual fund companies in the United States. Our client promotes the importance of diversity and culture to help better serve their customers. If you’re looking for professional development, career advancement and mentoring opportunities, apply now!
The Java Developer will be responsible for setting up design, development and implementation of applications/ framework in the SOA domain. The person will be having following main responsibilities.
- Design, Develop, Implement technical solutions on a platform dedicated to handle large volume of data and transactions.
- Asses and research current implementations of the platform and determine the course of action required to elevate the platform to meet customer needs.
- Will be driving technical initiative with US partners, prototyping, showing, buying in from cross-geography teams
- Taking the business requirements coupled with existing architecture to set a technical vision for features and major components and clearly articulate the evolutionary steps to achieve it
- Should be setting and communicating and reinforcing technical standards
- Providing leadership for junior and senior engineers alike, understands how to leverage and enhance their current skills
- Working with Operations to plan major infrastructure upgrades, to troubleshoot issues and to tune the environment for optimal performance and uptime
- Collaborate with peers and management on process improvement ideas, policy and procedure enhancements, and opportunities to improve our customer's service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent grasp of business process and operational workflow modeling.
- Experience working and integrating with 3rd party vendors.
- 8+ years of experience
- Web Service, middle tier or backend process development in an enterprise environment
- Solid hands-on experience with Java and OO programing
- Spring framework
- Developing SOAP Web Service using JAX-WS (CXF, Spring-WS, etc.)
- Test Driven Development (JUNIT, etc.)
- Design Patterns (IOC/DI, etc.)
- SOA concepts and best practices
- JMS application development and concepts of reliable messaging and asynchronous processing
- Cloud – hosting applications on cloud
- Designing and Developing REST Web Services
- Experienced in Continuous Integration using Maven/Jenkin/Udeploy
- Experienced in rule engines, such as IBM ODM
- Rational Software Architect
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
- AWS Cloud Certification
- Designing and Developing Microservice
Additional Attributes Needed:
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks, diagnose problems and generate effective solutions
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply different communication and leadership styles for different teams and geographies.
- Ability to lead through influence and know what data is needed to drive effective decisions.
- Must be adaptable in a changing environment and be effective in many different business settings.
- High level of commitment, initiative, vision and enthusiasm
- Creative, energetic, assertive hands-on professional who enjoys the challenge of change.
- Strong time management and planning skills required.
TPA technologies is a technology-consulting firm serving the information technology needs of corporate America and government business partners. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with regional offices in Hingham, MA, Raleigh, N.C. and Dallas, TX. TPA focuses on client’s critical IT initiatives by utilizing methodologies to provide the best fit solutions. TPA provides the right fit for their clients and candidates.