Software Engineer in Test
Come work at one of the largest mutual fund companies in the United States. Our client promotes the importance of diversity and culture to help better serve their customers. If you’re looking for professional development, career advancement and mentoring opportunities, apply now!
- Define and document test cases to ensure projects meet quality standards and delivery dates.
- Define and execute automated functional, integration, and system tests for business services and web applications.
- Responsible for planning and performing release validation activities.
- Communicate plans, project status, project risks and project metrics to all levels of the project team and management.
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements, metrics, and standards that improve the testing process.
- Be an advocate for Quality and QA Best practices throughout the project life cycle.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance test experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience testing web and middleware applications is required
- Experience executing automated test suites is required
- Experience with Quality Center, Rational Quality Manager or other test management tools is required
- Experience with testing Restful WebServices
- Experience with all phases Software Development Life Cycle; Agile experience a plus
- SQL proficiency is required
- Experience defining tests in BDD format required
- Experience testing financial services applications is preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively and effectively with business and systems personnel in a team environment
- A passion for excellence
TPA technologies is a technology-consulting firm serving the information technology needs of corporate America and government business partners. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with regional offices in Hingham, MA, Raleigh, N.C. and Dallas, TX. TPA focuses on client’s critical IT initiatives by utilizing methodologies to provide the best fit solutions. TPA provides the right fit for their clients and candidates.