BSA OTC Derivatives
Our client is an independent investment management company. You will have the opportunity to attend professional development workshops and take online training courses to help your career growth. They look to hire a diverse group of people who show passion for their work. If you are looking for a long-term position and to make an impact in the company, apply now!
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and inquisitive Senior Systems Analyst to join a collaborative team in a role focused on analysis with leadership and advancement opportunities. This role supports the Derivative Operations team within Investment Administration, supporting the operational functions relating to OTC derivatives (swaps and options), cleared swaps, and exchange-traded derivatives (futures and options). Current applications support the business team’s third party vendor relationships, trade notifications, daily collateral and margin workflows, and daily swap settlement workflows. The Senior Systems Analyst will learn about the various Derivative products and their related workflows, as well as keep abreast of the impact of the evolving regulatory environment.
The Senior Systems Analyst will participate in the requirements, analysis and system design and testing for development projects for the Derivative Operations team. In this role the individual will work with the project managers, business analysts and lead programmers to define technical solutions for implementing business requirements and see them through to completion. Our applications require a strong focus on detail and cross-team collaboration to support system integration with Calypso, Trading and Geneva.
This position requires a high level of interaction with the business users as well as excellent communication and delivery skills. The candidate should have experience supporting an operations business group and derivatives domain knowledge is a plus
- Work with business partners to define, analyze and document requirements, as well as set priorities for new initiatives
- Document functional specifications and work directly with development and QA to ensure delivery
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules for application development work
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building controls to measure the overall accuracy and timeliness of data delivery
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide team leadership on assigned projects that may include both full time and consulting staff in a matrix organization
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Demonstrated experience in business and systems analysis
- Derivatives domain knowledge is a plus, preferably in a middle/back office context.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-location team environment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Applicant must meet ALL of these requirements.
TPA technologies is a technology-consulting firm serving the information technology needs of corporate America and government business partners. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with regional offices in Hingham, MA, Raleigh, N.C. and Dallas, TX. TPA focuses on client’s critical IT initiatives by utilizing methodologies to provide the best fit solutions. TPA provides the right fit for their clients and candidates.