Sr Systems Engineer
Our client creates an innovation ecosystem for employees to launch their own ideas. They value "work to live, not live to work". Our client has a strong company culture for learning and innovation. We are looking for senior System Engineers with emphasis in Java Development to help us build new functionality into our already exceptional proprietary systems.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to design, develop and implement applications or provide modifications/enhancements based on the software development life-cycle. Must be able to multi-task and work in fast paced environment. This position will be interactive with colleagues and clients. Excellent communications skills is a requirement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 8+ years of strong, hands-on Java experience working with server side applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to work with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Client facing or previous consulting experience is preferred
JEE (i.e., JSP, EJB, Servlet, etc.)
- Ability to keep abreast of technologies and quickly digest/learn them, effectively share the content with the rest of the team, and help with approaches to apply this knowledge in our solutions.
- Ability to develop architectural views for an enterprise in accordance with company standards
- Experience in software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development.
- Awareness of systems management and operational support tools
- Security and/or infrastructure experience would also be a significant benefit.
- Ability to communicate with end users and/or clients to better understand requirements and challenges/problems.
- Must be proficient working within a development team, as well as coordinating and communicating customer requirements
- Ability to digest/refine requirements and translate into a technical solution.
- Ability to meet pre-established commitments while taking on other activities.
- Pro-actively work with management to resolve issues, and mitigate risks.
- Be able to provide estimates on work and to meet those timelines.
TPA technologies is a technology-consulting firm serving the information technology needs of corporate America and government business partners. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with regional offices in Hingham, MA, Raleigh, N.C. and Dallas, TX. TPA focuses on client’s critical IT initiatives by utilizing methodologies to provide the best fit solutions. TPA provides the right fit for their clients and candidates.