Keys to this position:
- 7+ years of BSA experience in trading or portfolio management. Experience with OMS is a must
- Strong SQL Skills
- Must come from a development background or be very technical as this is a systems analyst role as opposed to a business analyst role.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 7+ years BA or systems analysis experience in trading or portfolio management
- Prior developer experience is required
- Experience with SQL is a must. Hands-on experience in Java application development is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS environment (S3 file storage, CloudWatch, analyzing logs through ELK – Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) a plus
- Experience in a systems role supporting investment professionals
- Demonstrated experience in project/product management and business analysis for medium to large initiatives
- Strong knowledge of order management systems (OMS) workflows or asset class specific trading practices and protocols, electronic trading practices and markets
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business users and technical development team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Experience with Blackrock Aladdin, Charles River, Latent Zero, Longview is a plus
- Understanding of FIX protocol is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Applicant must meet MOST of these requirements.
- Partner with different trading business teams to define and document requirements for order management systems (OMS) workflows and other auxiliary trading applications.
- Work with the trading business team to prioritize their needs and ensure communication to keep them apprised of progress
- Identify specific industry initiatives that require product changes and new product development. This extends from improving the existing products to developing next generation products.
- Collaborate with software developers, database architects, vendors, and other IT and business teams to analyze and determine functional specifications and UI design for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical domain expertise; a big-picture vision, and an ability to work with various internal teams to execute on that vision
- Develop deep knowledge and expertise in Wellington specific trading workflows
- Responsible for the release management and deployment of new functionalities to the business users
- Facilitate resolution of production issues by working with appropriate teams to research problems, track progress and determine and document solutions
- Ability to contribute hands-on in the support role by using application logs, audits etc to research business issues and inquiries.