IT Program Manager
The main function of an IT project/program manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
• Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.• Manage backup, security and user help system.• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.• Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.• Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.• Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.• Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.• Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.• Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.• Expert knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.• Expert knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.• Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.• Expert knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMI or PMP certification preferred.
• 10+ years experience required.