Sr. Front End Engineer/Visualization
Keys to the Position:
10+ years of development experience with a strong focus on the front end.
Experience building front end libraries is a must.
Visualization experience (exporting data and charting it.) is a big +. Experience with Tableau would be helpful.
Data Science experience is a +
- 5+ years developing UIs with modern front-end frameworks like ReactJs, Angular, Bootstrap
- Experience with data visualization for data science is a plus (Tableau, D3, Graphana, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Understanding of data modeling, data analysis, and data management principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and a proven ability to put complex systems into production.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Evaluate and implement dashboarding frameworks to manifest investment data and analysis for use by investment professionals
- Build D3-style charting & visualizations with overall responsibility for investment science front-end clients. This includes developing custom front-end screens for vendor products like metadata management, data science notebooks, and data analysis projects.
- Conduct maintenance and fine-tuning of dashboard design; support the business in the identification and mitigation of data issues
- Implement SDLC best practices including building out parts of the CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with Data Quality teams to ensure data integrity & completeness.
- Strong attention to detail is required