Sr. Java Developer
Additional Position Restrictions:
1. 6 month contract (may be extended beyond 6 month period)
2. No work restrictions
3. Local interviews only
4. Maximum 5 submissions per vendor
This job is responsible for participating in development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications. Participate in project teams assigned business unit or department and utilize various technology platforms. Collaborate with business partners and other technical staff to understand functional requirements and create system requirements, assess available technologies and recommend solution options.
Primary Job Responsibilities
1. Provide business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business unit/area in the analysis, design, and development of business applications. (20%)
2. Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve
business problems. (20%)
3. Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, and design, code, test
debug and document programs. (20%)
4. Participate in business and IT project estimation activities. (5%)
5. Provide technical leadership for small to medium-scale projects. (15%)
6. Utilize business knowledge to collaborate and offer technical solutions. (15%)
7. Be self-guided and complete tasks with minimum assistance. (5%)
• High School degree required.
• 2 years in application development required
• Environment/Physical Demands: This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum travel may be required.
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred
o Communicate effectively with business partners
o Provide fundamental technical and business analysis on projects
o Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments.
o Knowledge of relevant technology and tools is critical, including development methodologies and programming/scripting languages.
o Ability to accurately estimate project development activities.
o 2-4 years equivalent work experience in application development preferred
o 3 years of experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an IT environment preferred
o Experience with design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures preferred
The development skills include:
* Java 8
* JPA and Spring framework or Java EE CDI
* JAX RS / Rest Webservices
* Angular , JSF, GWT
* Git, jenkins
* Jenkins and Maven