Sr. Java Developer
Additional Position Restrictions:
- 6 month contract (may be extended beyond 6 month period)
- No work restrictions
- Local interviews only
- Maximum 5 submissions per vendor
- This job is responsible for participating in development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications.
- Participate in project teams assigned business unit or department and utilize various technology platforms.
- Collaborate with business partners and other technical staff to understand functional requirements and create system requirements, assess available technologies and recommend solution options.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business unit/area in the analysis, design, and development of business applications. (20%)
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve business problems. (20%)
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, and design, code, test debug and document programs. (20%)
- Participate in business and IT project estimation activities. (5%)
- Provide technical leadership for small to medium-scale projects. (15%)
- Utilize business knowledge to collaborate and offer technical solutions. (15%)
- Be self-guided and complete tasks with minimum assistance. (5%)
- High School degree required.
- 2 years in application development required
- This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred
- Communicate effectively with business partners
- Provide fundamental technical and business analysis on projects
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments.
- Knowledge of relevant technology and tools is critical, including development methodologies and programming/scripting languages.
- Ability to accurately estimate project development activities.
- 2-4 years equivalent work experience in application development preferred
- 3 years of experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an IT environment preferred
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures preferred
The development skills include:
- Java 8
- JPA and Spring framework or Java EE CDI
- JAX RS / Rest Webservices
- Angular, JSF, GWT
- Git, jenkins
- Jenkins and Maven