The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of software engineering, configuration management and release engineering for large scale enterprise applications.
- Experience working on delivering solutions for globally distributed Agile software development teams using one or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins or other integrated automation tools, automated deployment tools such as uDeploy and code versioning tools like Git, Stash.
- Working experience with at least one deployment and provisioning tools such as Chef, Puppet, Capistrano, Docker.
- Experience building continuous integration solutions using Repository managers such as Nexus, Artifactory.
- Experience with cloud services platform such as AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Shell, Python etc
The Purpose of Your Role
As DevOps Engineer, you will be charged with owning our CI/CD pipeline through lower development environment’s all the way to production. You will review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process all while maintaining existing build processes and leading the design and implementation of their replacement. You will be an integral part of the overall product release process.
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process.
- Develop and support the app build pipeline (cutting, tagging, and maintaining branches etc).
- Develop and maintain scripts used by automated build, deployment and packaging systems.
- Select, deploy and support 3rd party tools as needed, like Jenkins Jobs/Plugins/Settings and Integration through CI/CD platform
- Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes. Coordinate release activities with Release Management, Project Management, QA, and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.