Senior Revenue Manager IV
Posting Title: Senior Revenue Analyst (Palo Alto)
Timeline: 6 months (possibility for extension)
This position is open within the Revenue Operations team focusing on system maintenance (RevStream), period end close activities, and reporting. .
The Responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with system maintenance by reviewing data for various revenue impact analyses (i.e. relative allocation impact, List Price review, Start/end dates review)
- Assist with high volume edits resulting from data analyses
- Participate and execute test scenarios, and validate accurate results are achieved in the system and reporting results
- Work closely with IT and BTA team to resolve system related questions and issues
- Participate in month end close processes including preparing/posting recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Prepare Deferred Revenue and liability reconciliations
- Assist with monthly RevStream reviews and analysis
- Assist with preparation of various reporting and disclosure requirements
- Be a main go-to person in regards to revenue reporting tool (SAP BI) used by global revenue team to assist with reporting needs
- Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests
- Assist with ad-hoc requests
- Assist with streamlining processes and procedures.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA and Big 4 Accounting Experience is a Plus
- 7-10 years of experience in software revenue accounting, with previous experience implementing new processes and operations
- Knowledge of SOP 81-1, SOP 97-2 and related EITFs and TPAs, Understanding of ASC 606
- Detail oriented
- Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills. Ability to apply vlookups, pivot tables, nested if/then statements, and file design to maximize efficiencies to update results as variables may change
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers and peers.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in a rapidly changing environment; strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- SAP system experience, Business operations experience, and revenue automation tool experience are plus
Analyst level role - assist with daily tasks of data review in system, month end close tasks and reporting, working with large data excel. Don't need to be an SME in software revenue recognition but a good understanding with accounting background would suffice.
1) What hours/days will this person be working? M-F 9-5p
2) What are the top 3 skills/requirements this person should have?
Detail oriented, excel working with big data, understanding of Revenue recognition, RevStream knowledge would be useful as well
3) What are the top 3 soft skills (i.e., Presentation Skills, organization, etc.) this person should have?
Attention to detail/organized, Analytical/Good Problem Solver, Resourceful - not afraid to ask questions after working through problems, Good communication skills
4) What are other requirements?
- a) Education level desired–CPA preferred but as long as they have an Accounting background
- b) Previous experience–working with big data sets with Excel, understanding of software rev rec, system maintenance/implementation experience
5) What is the environment this person will be working in? Group setting
6) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? 100% on-site