Senior Software Engineer
Contract To Hire
Senior Software Engineer – Job Description
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience engineering enterprise-scale, web enabled applications, including:
- Development experience including web applications, databases and data modeling, APIs, microservices, and testing.
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments and applications (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems.
- Good knowledge of engineering and continuous integration and delivery CI/CD practices.
- Strong commitment to delivering quality code through unit, integration, and automation testing
- Understanding of well architected framework implementation in Enterprises: Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance efficiency and Cost optimization.
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Passionate about learning and implementing new technologies.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing cloud-native applications on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with business process design, business analysis, and solution implementation.
The Purpose of Your Role
- Deliver high-performing, scalable, and responsive web user interfaces
- Design and develop RESTful APIs and supporting services
- Work with the team to architect, design, and build prototypes
- Ability to execute the full software life-cycle development process - from architecture and development to debugging and maintenance.
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrixed environment to achieve group goals
- Your experience in API Design & Development, MicroServices Architecture.
- Your desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Your previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Your willingness to partner effectively with your technology business partners
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Value You Deliver
- Build a strategy to re-invent systems and tools to create a continuous cycle of Innovation
- Develop prototypes and spearhead solutions in MVP, iterative approach
- Build software that is simple and universally understood.