QlikView Developer (Contract)
Whom we are looking for:
Seeking a QlikView Developer in a short-term contracting role (preferably part-time) with responsibilities to build and maintain QlikView dashboards for internal and limited external use. The dashboards utilize data from multiple database sources and Excel spreadsheets to provide a holistic picture of pharmacy opportunities, sales, revenues and costs, operations, clinical insights, and effectiveness of our care model.
In this role, you will create appropriate back-end data models as well as visual representations to convey the story most effectively to our business stakeholders. You must ensure that the data analysis runs efficiently so that the visuals render quickly and the application remains highly responsive. You will also be responsible for promoting dashboards from development environments to production with minimal downtime.
The role requires interacting with a number of technical and business stakeholders and juggling multiple priorities. Strong communication skills, good organization skills, and transparent tracking of work are essential qualities for success in this role.
- Work with internal business and technical stakeholders to understand business objectives and requirements.
- Prototype different visualizations of QlikView dashboards in order to get rapid feedback.
- Extract, transform and load data from relational databases and/or Excel spreadsheets into QlikView applications.
- Develop SQL queries to satisfy data analysis and reporting needs.
- Working with Data Analytics engineers, help tune database tables and views in order to improve the performance of the QlikView models.
- Develop, test and debug QlikView applications.
- Develop QlikView data models and visualizations incrementally with a goal of getting smaller subsets of the application into production faster.
- Promote QlikView applications to production environment, as needed.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation that allows others to maintain and enhance the applications.
- Maintain source code and documentation in source-code management systems like Git or Subversion.
- Work in an Agile environment with weekly sprints, and demonstrate software to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required with major course work in computer science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing QlikView Applications that analyze data pulled in from multiple data sources.
- 2+ years of experience with relational database systems and query tuning in order to optimize performance of data extraction into QlikView.
- Ability to create back-end data model to support the visualizations.
- Expertise with a variety of front-end visualizations (graphs and charts) in order to convey the insights most effectively.
- Ability to fine-tune dashboard to make efficient use of resources in order to maintain highly responsive interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of QlikView architecture including building qvd’s and qvw’s.
- Deep understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation.
- Experience promoting QlikView applications from development environments to production with minimal downtime.
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal, written, and listening).
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Healthcare claims data experience.
- Experience with clinical dashboards considered a big plus.
- Experience developing Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using a variety of tools like QlikView, Tableau, or Excel.
- Ability to troubleshoot common SQL query performance issues.