This is an exciting position for a candidate that would like to deepen their systems knowledge and gain experience in the Ops side of DevOps. This engineering role is within the Performance team and will have a strong focus on building out automation capabilities for benchmarking/performance profiling of services. Additionally, the candidate would help with identifying and troubleshooting application performance problems in the production environment. The position provides exposure to many of the core systems and functions within the business and will directly contribute to the success of the team.
- Work with engineering team to design and build out ephemeral load testing environments in AWS
- Integrate this testing platform into CI/CD pipelines
- Assist with troubleshooting performance issues in production
- Build out dashboards that provide visibility into application performance metrics
- Work collaboratively within IT and various business units across the firm
- Learn about systems performance tuning across various platforms, e.g. AWS, ESX
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent; three to five years of experience in a software development role; asset management industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of C# or Python.
- Experience with benchmarking workloads and performance tuning.
- Some experience with scripting: bash, powershell, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux and docker a plus.
- Exposure to Agile software methodology and CI/CD tools and practices
- Knowledge of modern software design principles, concepts, and practices
- Understanding of database management environments.
- Working experience with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills