Infrastructure Automation Engineer
The Infrastructure Automation Engineer will design, develop, maintain and support new or existing build and automation processes in support of Cloud readiness and Maintenance without Disruption. Responsibilities include the ability to identify areas for process automation improvement, automate existing and new processes, maintain and deploy cloud infrastructure, and support the Agile software development lifecycle build process.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain system automation in the cloud or on-premise, supporting both project and operational infrastructure needs
- Lead automation and provisioning of storage, compute, and network resources
- Leverage, support, and advocate the use of a configuration management tools for infrastructure automation across multiple environments
- Deploy and configure services needed to meet operational and project objectives
- Assist in automation and maintenance of CI/CD toolset and process; help diagnose build failures and identify root cause as needed
- Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation for new toolsets and processes
- Experience managing an automation framework that addresses concerns such as access control, change management, monitoring/logging of changes, self-service, case management integration, etc.
- Administration and deployment of cloud compute, storage, and network resources using leading industry cloud providers (e.g. AWS*, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to setup up access control and identity management for users in a cloud environment
- Understand how to enable and deploy key services such as HA and disaster recovery e.g. backups, email services, database services, advanced application services, etc.
- Deployment, configuration, and management of containers using leading container solutions (e.g. Docker*, Kubernetes*, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience setting up and managing container cluster networking solutions (e.g. Kubernetes network/ingress plugins, etc.)
- Experience setting up and managing container cluster persistence storage volumes
- Experience in deploying, designing and illustrating process automation flows
- Experience with cloud architecture/infrastructure and container-driven development tools (such as Docker and Kubernates)
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows running in physical and virtual VMware environments
- Understanding of deployment build tools e.g Git, Nexxus, Jenkins, and Maven, etc.
- Familiarity with Vmware, Redhat
- Strong understanding of deployment processes, deployment environments, production application trouble shooting techniques etc.
- Ability to communicate and follow up professionally (written and oral) both internally and externally within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues effectively
- Understand and leverage Agile software development methodology