Role: Role: Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) (C#)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months + Long Term
Location: Johnston, RI
Interview: Phone screen, in-person, SKYPE. Non local candidate will be considered however the client might want ('in-person' white board exercise can be done from clients field office near candidate).
For SDET C# Role
Our client, a local commercial insurance company is looking for several SDET engineers to join newly formed Agile Scrum teams. This person will think like a developer and will be involved with every step of the SDLC including design, development and testing.
Strong C# development (not just Selenium or UI testing with C# but someone who is comfortable writing APIs (mock services, RESTful services or SOAP) working directly with application code
- Can design and develop tests that will execute in CICD pipeline both post-build and post-deployment
- Good communication skills to work on agile team with Product Owner, developers, analysts etc.
- Experience in test data setup for automation
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as XUnit, MS Test, Junit, NUnit
- Data Layer technologies such as Entity Framework and Linq, NHibernate, Dapper, or comparable
- Experience with Appium or Selenium
- Experience with Gherkin
- Leadership experience in bringing test automation to a product/team that does not have test automation in place – establishing frameworks, evangelizing, best practices, etc.
- Experience with developing/implementing test automation strategy
- Octopus experience a plus
- Prior experience leading automation efforts
- Experience setting up and or recommending framework
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Expertise in automation tools such as Selenium
Application/Systems: Insurance applications
Technical Environment: C#, TFS, SQL CI/CD