We are looking for a Scrum Master with investment and trading industry experience to support the development of our client's proprietary applications. The successful candidate will assist engineering teams by executing Agile development processes. The ideal candidate will have Scrum Master Certification and will combine a mix of agile team leadership and process management skills. You will be working with a team of developers, technology operations and business users including portfolio management, operations, trading, and compliance.
- Structure and conduct Agile ceremonies for engineering teams.
- Coordinate all aspects of the development cycle including requirements gathering, design reviews, implementation, quality assurance, user testing, and business signoffs.
- Anticipate and remove impediments that would prevent the teams from achieving their sprint and release objectives.
- Proactively manage sprint-level risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies and ensure that they are identified, coordinated, mitigated, or escalated as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous support tasks including testing as needed throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- Mediate conflicts and nurture environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
- Setup development workflow on agile tools like Gitlab, Jira and Confluence.
- Communicate and manage expectations on product progress to all stakeholders.
- Monitor metrics, administer the agile analytics, and communicate KPIs with teams and management.
- Contribute to building a culture where continuous improvement of the agile process is in focus.
- Provide creative, out of the box solutions to solving challenging problems.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience, driving successful projects to completion
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience including requirements gathering, analysis and communicating business requirements to achieve strategic goals.
- 2+ years of relevant investment industry experience demonstrating strong working knowledge of several Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, ScrumLess and SAFe.
- Working experience of using collaboration tools like Gitlab, Jira and Confluence
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical major.
- Understanding of programming languages and object-oriented concepts.
- Understanding of relational databases, with emphasis on SQL server query writing, data loading mechanisms and reporting.
- Understanding of financial market data.
- Working experience of release management activities to assist with deployments using Unix servers and SQL Management Studio.
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, seeing problems through to final completion.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.