IBM i /Iseries Senior Programmer/Anlayst
IBM i / ISeries - Senior Programmer / Analyst
Position Summary: We are seeking a capable, qualified Senior Programmer/Analyst to support our Application Development team to ensure that the delivery of quality software solutions for our Call Center and Reservation system is meeting business needs. This is a hands-on position.
Years of experience: 8-10+ years of RPG programming experience (including SQL RPG, RPG-ILE, RPG-free)
Degree required: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent. Master’s a plus.
Technical requirements: quantifiable and measurable
- Analyze, design, develop, test, document and deploy application solutions including all variations of RPG programming (including SQL RPG, RPG-ILE, RPG-free) and SQL Skills (embedded in RPG, Stored procedures, Triggers, Functions)
- Experience with database and application modernization (DDS to DDL and RPG to SQL with XML)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong ability to own projects and work with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with Implementer a plus (or a comparable change management system).
- Familiarity with building web applications, secure web services /SOA, using C# , WCF, ASP.NET, Angular JS (Java, Lotus Notes, SSRS, SSIS are plus).
- Strong Design principles to create robust, scalable and extensible solutions.
- Experience working within the Agile Development methodology with the ability to think on your feet and efficiently / creatively problem-solve issues in a fast paced environment.