SAP Functional Analyst
Role: SAP Functional Analyst
Location: Remote. but must sit in or near Maryland.
Position Title: SAP Functional Analyst – CS, MM, and PP Module Areas
The SAP Functional Analyst supports and optimizes the Customer Service (CS), Materials Management (MM), and Production Planning (PP) SAP Business Processes, implements technology to enhance and/or streamline such processes ensuring quality and delivery of technology business solutions. Delivers and manages project areas and tasks on SAP Projects both regionally and globally on the SAP ECC 6.0 ERP Platform. Additionally, the SAP Functional Analyst – CS, MM, and PP Module Areas supports the Business Intelligence reporting and analytical needs for these areas. The SAP Functional Analyst will work as a member of a global team headquartered in Munich, Germany, to integrate designs into the overall client strategy.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deliver and manage project areas and tasks for a variety of SAP ERP projects, ranging in size from small to large, regional as well as global, collaborating with corporate Munich based SAP counterparts for functional and technical development, as well as Basis and security support.
- Support local demand managers for the Americas Region in collecting and submitting regional business process enhancement requests to Corporate IT change control boards for approval and prioritization.
- Work with corporate IT team members in Munich to analyze and understand business requirements, build functional/technical design documentation, prototype solutions, configure SAP, perform testing, and ultimately deliver SAP solutions that meet or exceed business requirements and enterprise quality standards.
- Accountable for end-to-end documentation, including end to end SAP functional documentation, solution design specifications, data mapping, and unit testing. Work with business SAP Specialists and key users globally to support integration and user acceptance test plans, as well as training and cutover planning and activities. Thoroughly understand regional and global business processes and their alignment to SAP functionality.
- Support, maintain, and optimize SAP transactional solutions for subject matter areas based on qualified business needs and business requirements, consistent with industry best practices.
- Support SAP business processes globally for implemented modules. Act as next level resource for Business SAP Specialists as it relates to SAP transactional issues; thoroughly document all work progress and interactions in IT Service Management Tool; appropriately prioritize incidents and problems to meet established goals; and effectively analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve SAP Application problems while adhering to established corporate incident, problem, and change management processes. Ensure appropriate escalations are done as needed.
- Support, maintain, and optimize SAP Master Data consistent with industry best practices for subject matter area.
- Design security roles and responsibilities, coordinate and validate security configuration and assignments for regional business users in the Americas, and work with the SAP Security team in Munich to get them implemented.
- Serve as a point of escalation to principle subject matter experts in Corporate IT for tasks unable to be completed within the Americas team.
- Manage coordination with key functions, including Customer Service, Procurement, Materials Management, Production, Sales Operations, SAP Developers, and IT Leadership.
- Have direct regular communications/interactions with business customers to understand and analyze SAP business requirements, document functional/technical specifications, perform complex SAP configuration, and conduct solid unit testing. Adhere to enterprise policies and procedures related to software delivery.
- Develop and administer user support documentation and provide training and coaching to end-users regionally and globally.
- Analyze incidents, problems and requests and identify trends and solutions. Research new SAP functionality and available configuration options and offer improvement opportunities. Maintain and enhance performance of SAP modules and stream line solutions as opportunities are identified.
- Support Global IT Initiatives for subject matter area including business requirement documentation, integration and regression testing, training, and post go-live support for projects which are managed and configured outside of the Americas Region.
- Maintain record of effort for Help Desk incidents, problems, changes, and projects in the client ITSM management tool.
Understanding of business processes and customer needs:
- General understanding of Customer Service, Materials Management, and Production Planning business processes, including: Service Orders, Service Task Lists, Purchasing, Receiving, Storage/Warehousing, Consumption, Production Orders, Bill of Materials, MRP Replenishments.
- Familiar with industry best practices for above listed subject areas.
- Understands SAP functionality and configuration options for the above and equivalent SAP Modules: Customer Service (60%), Material Management (30%), Production Planning (10%).
- Understands IT Project Management methodology, including: SAP Project Methodology (ASAP, SAP Activate), Waterfall, and Agile Methodology (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.).
- Knows the role and responsibility of other functional units of the business field within the IT department.
- Develops solutions to problems using standard methods and consistent with industry best practices.
- Makes implementation decisions based on fiduciary interests.
- Works independently most of the time; receives functional and technical assistance from experts when performing complex tasks.
- Works under the general supervision of a regional administrative manager and a global functional manager.
- Manages, documents and tracks work effort, including projects, changes, incidents and requests, in the relevant IT Department tool.
- Works together with both regional and global colleagues in the spirit of collaboration.
- Works primarily with internal business partners to foster relationships and innovation.
- Recognized in his/her organizational unit for the skills in his/her area of specialization.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business, or other pertinent area of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in SAP implementations with focus on CS (60%), MM (30%), and PP (10%) Module Areas.
- Expertise in SAP Business Intelligence and/or Business Objects reporting and analytics for CS, MM, and PP Module Areas.
- Minimum of 3 - 7 years SAP experience.
- Experience using M365 software and services.
- Familiarity with Service Now ITSM software.
Preferred but not required:
- SAP Certification for one or more Subject Matter Areas
- APICS Certification
- PMI Certified Project Manager
- ITIL certification
- Work from Home options available.
- Must be flexible to accommodate meetings in time zones with global team members.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25% possible.