Program Manager IV
• Looking for someone to be hyper focused on ops and program management for the team
• This person will be: Performing data analysis, helping with process automation, scheduling meetings and updating trackers, keeping everyone aligned with content, sharing content with right people, etc.
• They will also be hyper focused on VMworld twice per year--Will help with customer approvals, videos, timelines, rehearsal, briefing docs, logistics, etc.
• Really looking for someone to help with program management experience
• Long term will be applying this across teams so need someone who is numbers-minded and has a strong presence and gels well with the team
• If someone has specific Communications experience, that would be preferable but is not necessary. Other relevant backgrounds include marketing, sales and product management.
• What are the top 3 soft skills this person should have?
a.) collaborative team player--ability to work across multiple teams, very responsive and proactive
b.) being confident and has strong presence
c.) skillset to use operational tools
a) Education level desired–Bachelors, not required. Experience is what matters to the team.
b) Previous experience-How many years? More than 5 years of experience working in communications, operations, or program management. But if someone has less than 5 years of experience but that is ?5 years of STELLAR experience for example, then we are open to seeing them as well.
This position is responsible for managing day-to-day operations and program management across the executive communications team, with a focus on driving operational excellence in a highly collaborative and fast-paced work environment.
This person will oversee day-to-day program management and data analysis for the executive communications team. The activities managed by this individual will be utilized at the highest levels of communications across the company and the globe. The goal of this content is to engage, inspire and inform a diverse set of audiences, including customers, partners, shareholders, influencers and employees.
In this role, this person will collaborate with colleagues in PR, Scale & Operations, social media, employee communications, analyst relations, executive staff, sales, R&D and the broader community to ensure proactive planning and cross-communications logistics management.
• Serve as a hands-on program manager for executive engagements and communications activities.
• Analyze communications activities to identify key metrics and opportunities for effective execution.
• Measure the effectiveness of CEO communications activities. Own the exec comms metrics program.
• Create and manage full repository of executive communications content, including briefing documents, final presentations, and video output. Socialize content to key stakeholders across client as needed.
• Engage and collaborate across the broader communication and marketing community at client, sharing content and strategic thinking while seeking input from peers.?
• Act as program manager for the VMworld general session which includes meeting scheduling, content approval and more
• Conduct targeted automation projects for increasing team efficiency
• Outstanding organizational skills
• More than 5 years of experience working in communications, operations, or program management
• Skilled at using a range of software tools – SmartSheet and other work management solutions, Power Automate, Power BI, Tableau, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Dropbox, Slack, and more
• A strong strategic thinker with presence and impact with proven ability to establish trusted relationships at the senior executive level
• Ability to hold their own working with executives
• Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion and results with confidence
• Demonstrated success at program management
• Data driven mindset, with experience reporting on numbers and generating insights
• Proven ability to think strategically and drive execution across multiple communication disciplines and channels?
• Demonstrated change management / change leadership skills and organizational development consulting skills?
• Experience in the software/enterprise IT infrastructure segment preferred
• Empathy, good emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity
• Good sense of humor and ability to see work as fun