Technical Writer III
The Sr. Technical Writer will consult with engineering staff to prepare and maintain technical documentation for software (e.g. design specifications, operations guide).It requires knowledge of operating systems concepts. Familiarity with server virtualization concepts and common criteria certification are a plus.
• Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents for software design, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
• Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document product functionality.
• Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical users. Create design diagrams as needed.
• Plans, schedules, and tracks documentation work to meet project milestones.
• Demonstrates self-initiative, seeks assistance as needed.
• Follows standard practices and uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
• Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others ensuring a consistent "look and feel."
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
• Knowledge of operating systems and server virtualization concepts
• Hands-on level of experience with Confluence, SharePoint, Jira, Microsoft Office
• Facility working with graphics applications (e.g. Visio, SnagIT, Apache Open Office).
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities, ability to work with authors whose primary language is not English, ability to work with engineering SMEs
• Bachelor's Degree, in a technical field such as Computer Science with a focus on English, writing, or communications or equivalent experience is required.
• 5-7 years of experience required in an IT development environment.
• Experience with common criteria certification is a plus