Senior Oracle Apps DBA
Job Title: Senior Oracle Applications Database Administrator
Job Title: Sr Oracle DBA
The Team: We are seeking a Senior Oracle Applications Database Administrator to join our growing IT organization. Day to day you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical Oracle E-Business Suite ("EBS") application systems and Oracle databases. You will partner with the Development and Support teams to design, implement and maintain Oracle EBS application best practices in order to allow for resiliency, performance, scalability and reliability of our application suites. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, recovery, database refinement, installing software, resolving errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization in a collaborative manner to support the advancement of enterprise applications, development teams and business units.
What You Can Offer Us
- Coordinate and perform the installation and configuration of database management systems and application servers
- Assess, manage and install software patches to Oracle applications in the production and development environments.
- Work with business units to understand how they use Oracle applications.
- Recommend more efficient use of Oracle applications as they pertain to database performance.
- Install and configure system and third party software packages and provide system and application support to all end-users.
- Provide general support and troubleshoot issues related to Oracle E-Business Suite applications including Workflow, Weblogic, Concurrent Processing, Self-Service, Forms
- Monitor concurrent manager jobs and assess performance related issues.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of information accessible on managed systems
- Monitor, manage and resolve incoming Service Desk tickets.
- Ensure that availability Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met for production applications
- Responsible for Oracle EBS application patch management and printer configuration
- Responsible for Oracle R12 application and database administration
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining Disaster Recovery environments of all Oracle databases
- Responsible for deployment of changes to Production environments following change management processes
- Configure and maintain data servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security
- Analyze and correct issues in real time, owning problem resolution from beginning to end
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Automate and refine regular processes, track issues and document changes
- Provides trend and growth analyses to aid in capacity planning and resource management
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts in order to meet integration and performance expectations
- Participate in software deployment process; assist in development where required
- Act as team lead on projects, assisting with development of project plans and task lists
- Share domain and technical expertise with others
- Evaluate and recommend emerging database technologies and methodologies
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience required
- Between five and 10 years of Database Administration and Oracle Applications Administration experience required
- Experience with Oracle applications R12.2 on Linux/Unix required
- Experience with Oracle Database 19c pluggable databases and Exadata strongly preferred
- Experience with multiple languages and currencies in Oracle applications preferred
- Experience installing and upgrading Oracle E-Business applications and databases strongly preferred
- Experience with disaster recovery set-up and execution strongly preferred
- Experience with Oracle Cluster File System and Automatic Storage Management strongly preferred
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard set-up, administration and fail-over procedures strongly preferred
- Experience with Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage technology required
- Experience and knowledge in various database architectures and implementation and management of networked database computing structures and applications strongly preferred