Senior BI Developer
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
As a part of the Business Intelligence Team:
- Design, develop, and support existing, Business Intelligence software engineering solutions for dashboards, scorecards, scheduled reports, adhoc queries, and decision support
- Design operational and strategic metric solutions based on high level customer report requirements
- Partner with key business owners on project and enhancement prioritization.
- Test Business Intelligence solutions prior to deployment, turnover solutions to business owners with training as needed, ensure business-oriented metadata definitions are included for measures unique to the report suite.
- Adhere to and drive Business Intelligence software engineering development and usability standards
- Partner with Data Warehouse software engineering and architectural technical staff to design and develop solutions for Business Intelligence projects
- Provide data solutions expertise and the capacity to learn relevant business processes.
- Has end-user interaction from user level to upper management level.
- Lead small to medium projects under minimal direction.
- Able to estimate and manage project tasks, anticipate issues, and resolve problems.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 7 + years of experience working as a BI Developer with experience supporting DW environment.
- Tableau experience preferred. Comparable experience with Business Objects, Cognos, Qlikview or equivalent may be considered. Knowing Alteryx and SSRS (sequel server reporting services) is a plus.
- Adept and willingness to learn, and apply, skills with new Business Intelligence tools.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with Oracle, MS SQL Server, Toad, and SQL
- Proven ability to multi-task. Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible, cooperative work style with ability to reprioritize at a moment’s notice. Solution oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (OR) Master’s degree or equivalent experience required.