The profile is the standard BSA, with emphasis on communication and facilitation skills, quick study, self-starter, intermediate data skills. Our biggest gaps are appearing in the May/June timeframe through the summer, but we're prepared to bring folks on earlier to ramp up.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
(Indicate % of time devoted to each accountability. % should total 100%.) Please describe the scope of duties involved in each area of responsibility/accountability. If the responsibility spans the Assurant enterprise, please indicate so. • Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, customer shadowing, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements Document, Systems Requirements Document, Use Cases, User Stories, and Process Flows.
• Utilize prior experience with enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
• Successfully engage in 2-3 project initiatives simultaneously and business case creation as needed.
• Work independently with users to define concepts under direction of project managers.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Serve as conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Planning and Monitoring (10%) – Effectively apply methodologies and enforce project process and standards. Responsible for meeting project deadlines for planned analysis activities. Effectively communicates relevant project information to project team and superiors.
Elicitation (20%) – Elicit and define business and functional requirements along with business rules using standard analysis techniques. Conduct interviews with users to gather requirements with approved project scope, analyze existing procedures and evaluate requested requirements to identify system changes.
Analysis (50%) – Act as business representative for business and functional requirements while leading system requirements sessions with technical teams. Document inter- and intra-system requirements for use by technical teams for creating design documentation and test cases. Consult with business on project scope and requirements as needed.
Communication and Management (20%) – Act as a liaison between the business and technical IT teams. Translate information from IT to the business in easily understood terms. Partner with IT to accomplish goals and provide ongoing communication to various business stakeholders on project status and issues.