TPA is looking for a long term contractor for a project for a North Dallas Client.
The Software Developer/Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in .NET programming languages (e.g. C#.) Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative (not exhaustive) of the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to produce software designs
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new or upgraded software applications.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures by way of SDLC requirements and a knowledge of tracking in a SDLC Platform
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs and working along with end users for issue resolution
- Shaping the future of our systems
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code both for the development team and End-User Population
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming at the direction of Infrastructure team
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas
- The ability to travel as necessary
- Others as assigned
- Ability to understand previous solutions and rework/replace the solution with new technologies
- Delivering a high-quality application
- Ensuring a required level of performance
- Writing test-backed server-side code
- Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality
- Supporting and fixing existing functionality
- Selecting and using the most appropriate and efficient technologies for a particular application
- Designing and building application layers
- Normalizing database tables
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed earlier are representative (not exhaustive) of the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience using .NET Core
- Experience in developing ASP.NET Core MVC applications
- Experience in EF Core and WebAPI
- Proficient knowledge in MSSQL
- Database design including normalization, indexes and data integrity
- Implementing enterprise application patterns
- Detail- oriented and excellent concentration ability
- Experience in the field that the software is being developed
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages
- Experience using relevant tool suites
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong team building skills
- Understanding of HTML/HTML5, JS, and CSS3
- Familiarity with the client side framework jQuery
- Familiarity with Design Patterns
- Experience with Azure DevOps, CI/CD, Agile a major plus
- Writing tests with Selenium
The individual should possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps and Microsoft Office Applications including MS Excel, MS Visio, and MS Project. Have the ability to program in languages such as C#.) and the individual should have experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (MVC, etc).