Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: DIRECT PLACEMENT
Job Skills and Experience
- PMI Certification required; Agile Scrum Master Certification required; Six Sigma certification a plus; ADKAR change management certification (or equivalent) a plus
- 7+ Years in IT Project Planning and management experience with a high degree of executive stakeholder management.
- Strong and proven experience in working with executive stakeholders, including building executive level content and presentations. Builds strong partnerships to achieve swift adoption of change.
- Financial Services industry preferred.
- Experience leading workstreams of business and technology project work within a broader program or aligned with one business or stakeholder group
- Experience taking projects from idea generation to implementation and transition to production support coordinating with others to manage all aspects of solution delivery including; requirements gathering, scope definition, resource planning, budget management, status reporting, risk management, change management, training, and change control.
- Experience in managing projects in both waterfall and Agile methodology and skilled in managing in an iterative environment
- Experience in business process automation and digitization is strongly preferred, including an aptitude for business process and change management
- Must possess a can-do attitude and willingness to do what it takes to deliver projects on time and within budget. Persistent follow up to make sure project diligence is achieved.
- High attention to detail with excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to all functional groups; the ability to translate technical requirements and issues into appropriate context.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendors, excellent analytical skills, flexibility, ability to plan and organize, responsiveness, creativity.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC methodology preferred
- Knowledge and experience in high performance technical environments. Demonstrated ability to perform in demanding multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to manage independently in a dynamic environment with rapid development cycles, multifunctional teams and tight project timeframes
- Work closely with the business functional areas, technical teams and vendors in defining systems/project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements and timing deliverables
- Consult with management and review project proposals to determine goals, time frames, budgetary requirements, process and procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allocation of resources.
- Effectively drive the requirements definition process, working closely with the business owner(s) and/or a business analyst and IT resources such as architects, developers, analysts and systems team members.
- Develop and manage project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Drive standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Highly skilled in change and stakeholder management; demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and influence senior leadership
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assign tasks, responsibilities, and drive accountability to project team members.
- Provide leadership and direction to the project teams.
- Facilitate projects by defining agendas and running meetings.
- Coordinate vendor activities by monitoring and tracking vendor deliverables and commitments where relevant.
- Manage scope and the change request process, coordinating decision process of scope and budgetary impact of changes from original specifications.
- Coordinate testing and Quality Assurance processes and ensure traceability to original requirements.
- Track project and technical documentation.
BS/BA or equivalent