Infrastructure IT PMO Manager
Functional Job Title: Infrastructure IT PMO Project Manager
- For Infrastructure projects, project manager uses a technical infrastructure methodology and project experience to effectively interact with technical and functional infrastructure team members.
- 10-12 years Project Management, minimum 5 direct in Infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the project plan for each assigned project.
- Works with project teams to develop work break down structures and project estimates according to published standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously – implementations, CRs, maintenance.
- Ability to develop and manage project status reports – dashboards, burn-downs, slipping tasks.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills up to and including ‘C’ level communication/interaction.
- Experience with using MS Project and Service NOW to create and manage schedules.
- Responsible for developing resource plans and staffing models based upon the teams input and project plans.
- Responsible for tracking staffing burn against project financials.
- Interacts with BA/SME, technical, development, and test leads for cohesive design and sharing of best practices.
- Delivers areas of responsibility according to schedule.
- Knowledge of estimating methodologies and demonstrated ability to guide the team to develop a predictive plan.
- Ability to “look around the corner” and manage “problems” before they occur.
- Monitors team activities according to the project work plan to ensure tasks are completed on time, within budget.
- Assists other team members as needed or as time permits to foster a supportive, team environment.
- Ability to successfully track and manage project issues.
- Ensures there is regular and effective communication between teams; participates in the issue tracking procedures, and serve as gatekeeper of the issues.
- Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets.
- Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Project plans
- Staffing models
- Project financials
- Project status and dashboards
- Project go-to green plans
- Issue/risk register
- Project approach documents
- Comfortable working on a fast-paced high demand highly visible large program
- IT networking
- Experience establishing/refining processes and procedures, establishing teams/support models
- Experience implementing information security tools/functions
- Experience implementing global tools and infrastructure for networking, patching application
- Effective communication/writing/presentation skills, ability to problem solve, strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently however must manage up effectively and have the right instincts to escalate (no surprises!)
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Team player, action oriented, takes initiative
- Core PM fundamentals including WBS, budget & resource management, timelines, task & RAID tracking, etc.
- Can drill into details/eagerly rolls up sleeves