Data Solution Analyst
DATA SOLUTIONS ANALYSTS
The Data Solutions Senior Data Quality Analyst facilitates the coordination of data centric projects by acting as a liaison between the business community, applications development team, DBA staff, and Data Architect team. Conducts gap analysis, leads elaboration sessions, writes data requirement specifications to modify data models, prepares estimates for all data solutions deliverables, communicates updates to project management, updates documentation for internal procedures, provides mentoring and necessary training to new staff, ensures the data quality of all project work associated with data projects.
• Performs business requirements analysis for all data modifications associated with population of the data warehouses and extraction of data from the data warehouses
• Coordinates project and regression testing efforts with the Data Consumers, Data Architecture groups and DBA team
• Facilitates elaboration sessions to elicit requirements
• Creates Business Requirement specifications to document all data model changes
• Creates Technical documents such as Data Extract document and Data Load Functional Specs to describe the load or extraction of data
• Responsible for creating and updating mapping documents and data load validation rules
• Creates Test Check lists, Test Strategy documents
• Thoroughly executes test plans to ensure accuracy of data loads and extracts
• Documents all logic and data quality issues; works to resolve them; reports progress on problem resolution to management
• Reviews specs and test plans to ensure accuracy and conformance to established standards
• Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required.
• Two to four years of progressive experience as a Quality Assurance Discipline, Business Analyst, or Applications Analyst/Programmer.
• Strong SQL skills
• Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and project planning skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude towards problem identification, resolution and comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.
• Requires sound knowledge of quality assurance methods and procedures, as well as familiarity with the full project life cycle development processes.
• 3+ years experience with SQL, Query Analyzer.
• Experience with Test applications like Quality Centre, Rational suite or similar.
• Familiarity with Data profiling tools such as Trillium or Pandora a plus
• Experience with Data Governance tools and methodology preferred
Job Posting Number of Positions