Coordinate all logistics and serve as a representative for New Hire Onboarding in Palo Alto, CA. Execute a multi-state I-9 program in full compliance with applicable federal law. This role is within the Global HR Services organization.
New Hire Onboarding Coordination:
• Coordinate logistics and rotate as host for Day 1 on-boarding session for new hires at the Palo Alto headquarters location;
o Securing conference room, guest speakers, IT and other teams. Prepare hand-outs for new hires.
• Set up the space for onboarding and take primary responsibility for ensuring the onboarding experience is positive and polished;
• Serve as the face of VMware by presenting key on-boarding slide decks and hard copy documents to a diverse group of new hires each week;
• Send communications to New Hires and Hiring Managers;
• Coordinate the work authorization verification process (I-9) for all new hires in Palo Alto
o Execute I-9s electronically for Palo Alto and other US sites
o Ensure E-Verify is executed for each new hire and attend to any TNCs or other issues;
I-9 Program Coordination:
• Perform weekly internal audits for all I-9s within scope of responsibility and other internal audits according to best practices;
• Host weekly office hours for employees to pick-up original work-authorization-related documents and execute I-9 re-verifications for existing employees;
• Execute I-9 re-verification
• Execute various administrative tasks to help the larger team address unanticipated or seasonal surges, caused by business needs or government fiscal year calendar
• Support projects outside of HR Compliance and New Hire Onboarding, as needed
• Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively present and address audiences of 20+ people are key
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups;
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete tasks reliably and rapidly
• Acute attention to detail and commitment to handling confidential information and documentation per established protocols
• Proficiency in the use of: Workday, E-Verify and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to exercise good judgment on the fly: ability to make timely and sound decisions that reflect well upon the organization
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player focused on continuous improvement
• Ability to collaborate effectively with various teams within the organization and adapt to changes to work flows and responsibilities as a reflection of changes within the organization, technology, or federal law as it relates to I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, and New Hire Onboarding
• Ability to collaborate with remote teams
• Ability to work autonomously without direct supervision
• Experience coordinating an I-9 program
**DO NOT POST INTAKE NOTES**
And ask some questions such as:
1) What hours/days will this person be working? Teana: M-F 40hours/week
2) What are the top 3 skills/requirements this person should have? Experience presenting onboarding, experience processing I9 for Us and Foreign workers.
3) What are the top 3 soft skills (i.e., Presentation Skills, organization, etc.) this person should have? Interpersonal skills, High level of detail, ability to problem solve and multitask
4) What are other requirements?
a) What is the environment this person will be working in? This role is part of the Global HR Services organization and will directly report to manager in Austin, Tx and dotted line into HR Compliance Program Manager also located in Austin, Tx.
6) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? No. This role is expected to work in the office M-F.