Workday Financials BA
Client is seeking a mid-level BA with experience using Workday Financials.
The finance department has brought in several software packages and there is a need for a BA to sit on the IT side who will serve as a liaison between finance and IT. Will be very heavily involved in hands-on configuration. Should have SQL skills. Domain experience around insurance is a plus, as well is any experience with Adaptive Intelligence.
Financial Business Analyst:
The Business Analyst will provide system support to the various business units (strong focus on Finance) within the enterprise by means of research, analysis, configuration, testing, documentation and training for issues and enhancements related to all systems.
The analyst will possess a strong working knowledge of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) and will have the ability to analyze systems and processes within the Personal/Commercial insurance environment. In this position, the individual will provide recommendations for enhancing work flows to improve processes and identify and correct system issues.
• Lead sessions with business partners to identify solutions, understand requests and effectively document the requirement
• Document functional requirements to include all information needed by the developers by translating business requirements into detailed system/IT requirements.
• Work closely with IT management and developers to ensure all requirements are completely understood
• Assist with analyzing financial data and providing forecasting support.
• Identify specific business opportunities
• Influence stakeholders to support business projects
• Work with business partners on the configuration of various software products (primarily workday) within the organization
• Working knowledge of Workday and Adaptive Intelligence products.
• Develop a strategy for maintaining all business configurations that follow a SDLC
• Provide input to the Project Manager in the creation of project plans, estimates and schedules.
• Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the Impact Analysis needed for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
• Adhere to the project’s time line and keep the Project Manager apprised of status, issues and progress.
• Participate in the preparation of Test Plans and execution of Systems Testing in conjunction with the QA Team.
• Engage business partners in the testing of various systems to ensure all use cases are being considered. Answer questions, analyze defects and document needed change controls
• Analyze and evaluate current and previous financial data for accuracy.
• Stay up to date on business and economic trends.
• Produce thorough and well written status reports in a timely manner
• Strong written and verbal writing and presentation skills to communicate information effectively to the development team and business teams
• Adhere to the project’s timeline and keep the Development Manager apprised of status, issues, and progress; attend project status and team meetings
• Interpersonal skills to establish good rapport, generate enthusiasm, negotiate priorities, and to resolve conflicts between various groups
• Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in order to meet demanding deadlines
• Analytical thinker who can make informed decisions quickly and is
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superior presentation and negotiation skills
• Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
• Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the company
• Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely fashion
• BA/BS degree required in business analysis, business administration, finance or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of Workday related experience
• Minimum of 1 year of Adaptive Intelligence related experience
• Understanding of Workday integrations
• Basic SQL knowledge on DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server
• Exposure to following systems is a plus: vision360, gTreasury, Deluxe, vPay
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Word, Visio, and Project
• Knowledge of the following within a Property & Casualty company:
o premium receipt processing
o claims, refunds and commission check processing
o bank file processing
o allocations, budgeting and forecasting
o Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable processing
o Journal processing