Oracle Fusion EPM report developer (Smartview n FRS)
Purpose and Job Summary
Our client is seeking an Oracle Fusion Report Writer to join the Accounting team. This role will primarily focus on converting legacy reports to Smart View and Financial Reporting Studio. Reports will be leveraged across both ERP and EPM applications. Ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong Oracle EPM technical background, and is looking for a new opportunity to work in a lean, dynamic, and culturally driven environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Interact effectively with internal and external resources at all organizational levels
• Understand and analyze legacy reports and work with business leads to convert to Smart view reports
• Support and resolve issues with existing Smart view reports
• Work with business to ensure all requirements related to reporting are met and approved
• Meet with existing report users to understand legacy reports and reporting goals
• Analyze legacy reporting examples and document data points
• Analyze reporting requirements to determine the most appropriate reporting tool (SmartView, Financial Reporting Studio, OTBI)
• Utilize strong report building experience to design and construct new reports
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
• Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• This role can be performed remotely.
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills, & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year university
• 5 years of experience in report writing required
• 3 years of working with Oracle cloud products required
• Experience with developing reports in Oracle SmartView and Financial Reporting Studio
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills including an ability to communicate complex analytical concepts to a broad audience
• Understanding of the interaction between Oracle Fusion ERP and Oracle EPM
• Experience Building reports presenting data from Oracle EPM technologies (Enterprise Planning & Budgeting (EPBCS), Account Reconciliation (ARCS), Financial Close and Consolidation (FCCS), and Enterprise Data Management (EDMCS))
• Experience talking to business stakeholders (users, VPs, and CFOs) and collaborating to meet their needs
• Strong interpersonal and relational skills with an ability to establish build and maintain relationships with a variety of people and at all levels in the organization
• Experience working with business users to gather reporting requirements and examples
• Ability to analyze and document legacy reports for key data points
• Proven track record of defining reporting roadmaps, gathering business requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing robust and scalable solutions.
• Working knowledge of the functional aspects of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow reporting. Understanding of currency translations, inter-company eliminations, and consolidation accounting under various GAAPs
• Deep understanding of the metadata, dimensions, and their attributes along with the interdimensional relationships
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent prioritization and time management skills
• Travel as required (none likely)
Preferred (nice to have not required)
• Oracle cloud certification for both financials and EPM products preferred
• Experience with OTBI and BI Publisher
• Experience with OBIIE or Oracle Analytics Cloud
• Experience with Oracle EPM Narrative Reporting
• Hands-on experience with MS Office Excel is required, including macro development, visual basic scripting, and related skills.
• Understanding of accounting principles (e.g., GAAP,IFRS, GASP, FASB, FASAB)